Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Most Romantic Man Is Not Romantic at All

The title merely speaks of Atlas Shrugg's charatcer Franscico. He's the dream, but he is awefully a terrble person by default. He has been pegged as the enemy too much. He says the worst thing a man can be is to be a man without a purpose. After that, I realized I didn't know what my purpose was, just that I wanted to write and be read. Maybe that is my purpose.

Right before I read those pages of interesting dialogue on what a despicable man was, I wrote as follows:

The Missing Frame
The portrate of my life
was old the day
the paint dried.
There is no image
of a face;
there is a missing frame.

An aspect is gone,
tainted mostly from day one.
No oils or pastels
can permeate
what they did not create.
There is a missing frame.

What one thought at first glance
is changed by the intoxicate.
All love is killed,
no emotion drawn forth.
It's just a picture.
There is no missing frame.

The poem's title and chorus is based loosely on the song "The Missing Frame" by AFI. The thing about the art simply refers to a most amazing portrat I saw today that reflected me in more than one way. I wonder how conceited I had to be to think I looked like a great peice of art?

And that's all?

Perhaps I will upload an image, sometime.

4 comments:

  1. right now i'm reading ANTHEM and in the page it show the pic. that you have, and i'm like omg! and soon i'm hopefully gonna start ATLAS SHRUG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god that is so great!!! I'm on chapter seven of Atlas and is really good. I am so glad you're reading em!!! Anthem is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing? lol thats interesting
    i almost cried while i was writing that post hahaha
    hm what sort of things do we have in common?
    and sorry love, they are not screamo although i strongly enjoy that genre
    i would say they are very indie/new wave and a lil poppish
    i like all sorts of music and they have really good lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose that is true because they do have a lot of keyboard. I prefer calling them my own personal title, "Neo-screamo." Especially their old stuff. Their greatist hits album is a lot of screaming.

    ReplyDelete