Thursday, September 10, 2009

No, Seriously. The Cookie Jar Is Full...




Nobody takes me seriously anymore. Hell, do I even take myself seriously? That's not important. If you want to destroy a place completely, set the janitors' closet on fire, a certain author once said. Well, let's just say I started with the cafeteria. And it is still burning.

Revenge. Synonyms: requital, counterplay, retaliation, malevolence, and my personal favorite, vindictiveness. The definition is different for all of us, but I always wonder why it is the first thing to pop in my head when I have a conflict. Example: I see a peice of paper that has vulgar words on it. I tear the paper up. Oh, you thought I meant human revenge? While that is fun to plot, acting out on it is somewhat foolish. Still, a many great books were written about revenge.

Also about communism. I am rereading Anthem by Ayn Rand; it is once again entertaining me. Though really short (will be finished by tomorrow but the homework with it will not be), it is one of those things that makes me think. You've probally guessed I love to think about things beyond the point of recognition. The whole book gets me completely irritated and captivated. A world of pure conformity is like walking up to me and saying, "Take off the scarf." (I wear a scarf every day...). It is something humans don't do and it is something I personally won't let happen. Not that I am totally against communism. I enjoy studying it very much. Here's the hipocrite part: I'd never want to live it. Or perhaps that is the sadistic part? All the same, communism affects everyone and we should keep it in Russia with Russian Roulette.

And that's all?

3 comments:

  1. Funny story, my history teacher called his computer a communist today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to red a play about the Salem Witch trials, but it's hidden message is about the communists that were arrested in America, even though they did nothing wrong.

    ReplyDelete