Sunday, September 6, 2009

September Through Autumn


The best season, the worst season. Opinions, yes? That's sorta the point. I'm just going to talk prosaic today. More or less: the weather. The season.

Fall has been called the season of change. It brings up thoughts of school and harvests and leaves. Not really for me. It's my favorite time of the year (not that I even enjoy the year), which is a bit ironic. Going to school means drama. And I hate drama. More or less, I still like the weather. My favorite month of the year is Sept-tober. It goes from September 22 to October 27. My own creation, yes, but the best creation I can offer. September 22 is Emilie Autumn's birthday as well as the first day of Autumn. A natural time to start. October 27 is right before Halloween and is my birthday. A natural place to end. But it is more of the time between these two dates that draws my attention. The weather literally changes right in front of you and the ground is skittered with leaves and gold-dry grass. The wind blows a little harder and your face gets all chapped. You wear jeans and sweaters and want to go outside for no reason...you don't get sunburned, either. I usually stop eating in fall, too. I don't know why, but everytime I look out the window of my desk I think, "I don't want to eat today." The aura of the grey sky and landscape is enough to fill my void of a stomach. (Thus the picture of "Gluttony" is a play on irony). Fall is a time when my writing either exhilarates or becomes nothing. This year? I think I'm going to have a lack-luster writing phase. Already the only thing going through my head is my poem "Despondency" and another called "Torturing Butterflies." I used to not have such a poor confidence.

Perhaps, like fall, we all think we've changed when all we've done is made a new word for who we are. A friend said that to me on the phone last night. He's bipolar.

7 comments:

  1. u have very interesting thoughts. I agree on the too much drama at school O.o !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rain picture...It's unique, pretty, awesome XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I love the rain. And January is cool. So icy! And school is the mother of drama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost wish you had used Gluttony from FMA

    XD...and I just love all of Fall, up until December 1. So I guess you could call it Septoctovember or something...

    ReplyDelete