Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Vade Mecum

Simple.

"There is nothing more dreamy than the life of a writer who has early exhausted himself." -M. E. Lewes.


Who? I actually do not know who that is. An author, a certain essay implied. Lol. I should stop reading other people's papers. But it did strike a tone with me. I am young, so am I doomed to exhaust my writing?


HELL NO. Today is a fitting day to write this, I think. The weather is beautiful, AFI is playing, and I'm content. (Today that is).

Now I am questioned, "Who are you?" Just call me Red. I am a poet and hope to change all of the literary world. I may be young, but I do not care. The world is going to be what I make it, and the world I know is in a notebook.

For good measure I'll say one of the best poems ever:
Vade Mecum by Billy Collins
I want the scissors to be sharp
and the table to be perfectly level
when you cut me out of my life
and paste me in that book you always carry.

And that, Reader, is not only me "speaking" (you can cut me out of my life and remember me; ex.), but it is also me the one who is cutting up a poet's life. (I always carry a notebook; I put pictures and many a thing in it; ex.).

Enjoy.
-RED






No comments:

Post a Comment